Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Found a recipe for Six Can Chicken Tortilla Soup from stockpiling. It looks REALLY good and easy to make. We are about 95% vegetarian. But every once in a while when you find a yummo recipe, you just gotta have you some chicken tortilla soup!

I also found a recipe for Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup. She mentions making a big batch and freezing (LOVE that!).

Now I just need to find out how to make chicken stock/broth. I was watching some show my husband downloaded off the internet. It was a 20/20 like special from the UK. In it, they were showing how the rising prices of groceries were affecting everyone's budget. THen they had a chef come in and EVERYTHING was made from scratch. VERY 1930's! The chicken was made into a broth by using the bones and onion skins. I mean NOTHING was wasted.

I found a recipe on Tamm'ys for Tammy's Chicken Broth. But I do not see quite what I am looking for. Hmmm...

Maybe I will just have to find a 1930's cookbook. Does anyone know how to make this kind of broth/stock?

No comments: