Monday, October 13, 2008

Keeping Warm

Well last night we had to do it. We had to turn the heater on. Of course we kept it down at 60, and made sure to bundle up and have extra covers on each bed.

And when we woke up this morning, we had to get out of bed. LOL!

The girls were all in layers. And we dressed up JJ in layers too, all with clothes we got for him at a local clothing swap.

And the momma? Well I have a nice warm skirt hat I put on that stays kind of close to the body. On top of that, I put a denim skirt that is a six gore skirt. It is longer than the cotton/wool skirt I wore underneath, so it covered it up just fine. Then I wore a long sleeve shirt and a turtle neck black sweater on top. And socks too (I still need to find or make some wool socks). I was just fine! I did need a coat when I stepped outside, but i truly believe most of that is because of the wind.

I also wore a homemade crocheted panta to help keep the heat in my head. :)

I must admit that I looked pretty good (except for the extra weight I need to lose). Wearing two skirts did not add any bulk (mostly because the skirt I wore over it was a six gore skirt). I do have another cotton slip that I could wear under the first skirt if I had to. And I can tell the wool socks are going to be a must. But for now, it is good to know that we can keep warm at least to 60 degrees! :)

No comments: